Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Digital Assessment


When choosing assessments, there are often times I try to incorporate the use of technology when it’s appropriate. In the video, this shows a digital assessment that I used during my kindergarten practicum while at Jacksonville State University. I used an app called ShadowPuppetEdu to take pictures of flash cards with sentences, words, and letters. By using these pictures on the application, I was able to show each card to my students on an IPad or Chromebook. While I recorded their answers, I was able to flash through the cards on my device. It was simple and easy!  It was such an enjoyable assessment and it was very beneficial to help my students recognize their voice and allow them to see and hear the areas where they struggle and it also allows the teacher to see where the focus needs to be lead during small group. We love digital assessments!

No comments:

Post a Comment